Welcome to the Chilli Pepper Global Blog

Everything you need to know to secure the right job and negotiate the highest salary in Investment Banking.


Step-by-step support from initial application to interview technique and final offer.

Friday 7 May 2010

That Porridge Story

With the right encouragement my daughter age 5 excels in everything she puts her mind to, my son age 4 on the other hand gives up with ease, he starts school in September and I’m not entirely convinced he’s ready, until this morning that is...

At 6:30am Jack decided it was time for him to get up, not that early some might say but for me I wasn’t getting out of my bed until 7am! I did in fact go downstairs put on the Peppa Pig DVD, gave Jack a bowl of his favourite breakfast Cheerios and went back to bed for half an hour.

After 10mins of being back in bed I hear Jack shouting up the stairs ‘Mummy, I want porridge’ I shout back a too often response ‘in a minute.’

At 7am my alarm goes off, I get out of bed, shower and dress before going down into the kitchen.

On entering the kitchen I wasn’t prepared for the sight I was about to see, picture this…

Jack was standing on a chair in his PJ’s by the microwave stirring a full to the brim jug of milk mixed with porridge oats, it was EVERYWHERE. My initial reaction was to shout however Jack turned around looked at me with a BIG smile and said ‘I’m making the porridge Mummy’

What could I do? My heart melted and for what was probably the first time ever I laughed at the state of my kitchen!

Little people like Jack believe they can do anything and they live in this wonderful world where there is no such word as ‘CAN’T’. We have ALL been there however at some point during our lives we loose our self believe and start to doubt our abilities.

In order to create the life you deserve you need to become more like Jack and

Have DESIRE, know what it is that you want to achieve
Have BELIEF, know that you can achieve your desires
Take the relevant ACTION

Thank you for reading my Blog more to follow soon

No comments:

Post a Comment